All school site and district administrators who have student discipline responsibilities.
Comprehensive Review and Practical Guidance on Student Discipline
November 19, 2020
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Using our newly updated Pupil Discipline Guide, this workshop will provide a comprehensive review of student discipline under the California Education Code including:
• Procedural timelines and notice requirements,
• Student conduct investigations,
• Documentation of student conduct and “other means of correction”,
• Properly classifying student misconduct,
• Preparation of student discipline notices,
• Stipulated discipline agreements,
• Conducting fully compliant expulsion hearings –use of declarations and other evidentiary issues, and
• Readmission after expulsion
Zoom meeting information and workshop materials will be provided closer to the workshop.
Monica D. Batanero, Senior Associate General Counsel
There is a $60 per person registration fee for this workshop, non-clients $70 per person registration fee.
The workshop fee will be charged for cancellations received less than seven days prior to the date of the workshop.